Do you ever dream of being your own boss? Many people think about it, but not everyone finds the courage to make this very important first step. They carry on with commuting, long shifts and demanding bosses to the rest of their life. That’s were Wealthy Affiliate comes to your door.
Not long ago I started looking for online opportunities, thinking that taking online surveys is my main option, as I had zero experience in online business. Filling surveys is not bad, but considering time invested and rates paid for it, it is not the best choice if you think of serious money. Short after I came across Wealthy Affiliate, which gives you the possibility of earning much more and we are talking about $1,000s and even $10,000s per month. Don’t get me wrong, not everyone will earn that much, everything depending on your commitment and time spent. You don’t need special skills to start, I am the best example of that.
If you are intrigued, please read what follows.
- Platform: Wealthy Affiliate
- Website: www.wealthyaffiliate.com
- Who is it for? Anyone – No previous experience or tech skills required.
- Earning Potential: $100s – $10,000s per month.
- Owners: Kyle Loudoun and Carson Lim
- 16 Years In Business
- Price: Starter Membership is 100% FREE; Premium membership costs $19 (first month) then $49/month
Wealthy Affiliate is an online training created to help you understand how to make money through affiliate marketing. OK, you ask, but what is this affiliate marketing? In a few simple words you get commission from products you recommend on your website. People click on the links you insert and if they buy it, you get paid. You promote someone else’s product or service through your website and you also get paid for pay-per-click advertisement (google ads for example). You can also make money promoting Wealthy Affiliate and get paid for every person, who will sign up for their premium service. Whole thing can be broken into 4 steps
Wealthy Affiliate will help you build such a website, you just need to find a niche you want to write about. Sky is the limit really, you can review electronics, write about music or any of your hobbies. Do you like traveling, you can write a blog about it and recommend hotels or places to visit, whatever you fancy.
So, you created your first website, what is next? That will be Signing Up to for an affiliate program. Amazon is the most popular one out there, but as you will quickly find out amount of programs available is staggering ( EBay, Spotify, Walmart, Etsy, ClickBank to mention few).
There is affiliate program for every category you can imagine. Signing up is easy and free. Once you are accepted you get your unique links (URL) which you copy and paste to your website. When someone clicks your link and buys product, you get a commission of this sale.
It takes some initial work to build website, but once you do it, you earn recurring revenue each month.
Pros vs. Cons of WA
- Very transparent
- Clean plan of action
- All levels of training – Beginner and Advanced
- Video training, Step-by-step Tutorials and Courses
- 10,000′s of community members
- 13 Full, Interactive Classrooms with tasks to complete
- Live & Interactive Help from owners and expert members
- 1 Free Easy-to-Build Website (you will also learn what to do with these sites)
- State-of-the-art Website Hosting
- A strict spam free environment.
- No up-sells
- $0 Membership, unless you wish to upgrade
- Too much information that can be overwhelming. Although WA has a great step-by-step training, it’s easy to get distracted. WA does a great job providing a clear training however with thousands of members posting their questions, progress and stories – it’s very easy to get side-tracked
- Not allowed to advertise/sell within WA
- Starter membership is great for beginners however an upgrade to paid premium is highly suggested in order to access advanced training
Basic starter account gives you all you need to get started: including 2 free hosted websites, training and all the support you need. What Exactly Do You Get Inside?
That would be my very simple explanation of what Wealthy Affiliate and affiliate marketing is about. I would say if you curious go and check the website yourself. It is completely free to join. Browse through lessons, read other people opinions and experiences and decide if the whole thing is for you. Everything is very transparent and there are no catches. You just need to make up your mind about it…